Gary Ashley Retains Congratulations to Gary Ashley - Cordon Vert
Chef of the Future 2013. Not only is Gary this year's champion, he is
also the first to retain the title by winning two consecutive finals.
Chef of the Future Title
This year's contest produced some stunning cookery and you can take a look at their menus below. Photos of the food and event will also be available shortly so keep checking back.FINALISTS AND MENUSGary Ashley - Yateley Manor School, Hampshire, Chef of the Future Winner
James Tudor - Keele Hall, Keele University, Staffordshire
- Spiced butter bean pattie, sweet chilli, lemongrass and soy
- Sri Lankan sweet potato, cauliflower and spinach curry, cashew and coconut milk
With saffron and cardamom rice, cumin and garlic flat bread
- Mango, lime and cardamom panna cotta with sesame and vanilla tuille
- Tortellini of Staffordshire organic wild garlic cheese and woodland mushrooms, celeriac foam and truffle oil
- Smoked tofu with Moroccan spiced sweet potato, wilted spinach, tomato and tamarind sauce
- Pear soufflé with dark chocolate ice cream, pistachio tuille.
Jonathan Tite - The Showroom, Sheffield, Yorkshire
- Warmed watercress and nettle panna cotta with early summer salad
and asparagus ballotine with Barncliffe brie, seared asparagus tips,
fondant potato, pickled wild mushrooms and shallot jus
- Rhubarb and custard baked Alaska ginger tuille and rhubarb and stem ginger syrup
Natasha Koncewicz - Suffolk
- Goats cheese and parsnip ice cream served on a seeded cone, blackberry vinegar topping and roasted nut crumble
and turf – Tofu and butternut squash rings with a laver and oatmeal
pudding on a bed of samphire, herb duchess potatoes, tempura sea kale
stalks and carrot caviar, served with a tarragon and garlic hollandaise
- Chai spiced pear and almond soup with gold dusted rose petal mochi
judging panel this year consisted of Alex Connell, Cordon Vert Principal
Tutor, Jane Hughes, Cordon Vert Tutor and editor of the
Vegetarian magazine, Mike Haddow, Group Executive Chef - Shire Hotels
and Thwaites Inns of Character, Robert Higginson, Sous Chef Dettoris
Restaurant - Cresta Court Hotel, Altrincham.
Notes for Press
• For more press information please
contact Su or Liz on 0161 925 2012/2013 email firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com mobile 07973 108 165/7.
• For images of past winners, their menus or comments please contact the press office.
• A vegetarian does not eat any meat, poultry, game, fish, shellfish or crustacea, or the by-products of slaughter.
• Diary date: National Vegetarian Week 2013 is from 20-26 May, contact Su or Liz for a press pack.